Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Christmas in August

This was originally posted on August 17, 2010:


Am getting my Christmas gifts started a little early this year AFTER my meeting on August 19, or course!!! I made this explosion box at the annual class I hold for my co-workers last December; however, didn't get around to making the 12 or so that I needed to give out for Christmas. So ... some will have pretty much the same DSP but others will have this year's paper - most probably Holly Jolly DSP along with Holly & Jolly Rub-ons. I just love the combination of Cherry Cobbler & Old Olive! Might even try my hand at making some in non-Christmas colors too , like using Elegant Soiree DSP & Sunny Garden DSP with their wonderful color pallets!!!


Here's the explosion box from last year -


Closed



Opened


My inspiration ... Split Coast Stampers, of course  -


Here are the specifics for making this project:
Paper: Merry Moments DSP, Christmas Jingle Simply Stampin’, Real Red CS, Garden Green CS, Old Olive CS, Very Vanilla CS
Stamps: Priceless, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Punches: Eyelet Border, ½” Circle
Ink: Real Red, Gold Paint Pen
Accessories: Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug
Sizzix Dies: Scallop Envelope, Originals Blossom Party

Hope this starts you to thinking about getting your Christmas projects started NOW so you aren't in a "tizzy" when the time gets closer!

 
Take care & have a wonderful day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment