Monday, August 8, 2011

Call Me the "Table Queen"!!!

Here's another older post:


The middle school I work at is hosting a meeting for all of the secretaries/clerks in the Vancouver School District on Thursday, August 19, 2010. I was put in charge of the table decorations so decided that I would make 70 box favors with a 3-D scallop circle flower on top.


Here is a picture of the first draft of the box




After looking at another SU! demonstrator's flower that had fewer "petals", I decided to scale down a bit & came up with a simplified flower ( I will add it to my blog when the draft box is finished ). It turned out just as wonderful, but now I get to make lots more with all the scallop circles that I have left over! I also decided to make centerpieces out of 12x12 card stock that has been punched around the page & has a basket filled with chocolates & hard candy. I also decided to make a couple of double sided "welcome" cards for each table to be put either side of the centerpiece. Am planning to place one favor at each chair around the tables.

Paper - DCWV Linen Closet
Accessories - Bigx Box #2 Die, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Bigx Island Floral Die, Finial Press Embossing Folder, Sticky Strip, Tombow Mono Adhesive, Silver Brads, Crimper (to break all the fibers down in the paper used for the flowers to make it easy to work with)

Thanks for looking :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment